Fabry Disease Registry & Pregnancy Sub-registry
Brief description of study
The Fabry Registry is an ongoing, international multi-center, strictly observational program that tracks the routine clinical outcomes for patients with Fabry disease, irrespective of treatment status. No experimental intervention is involved; patients in the Registry undergo clinical assessments and receive care as determined by the patient's treating physician.
The primary objectives of the Registry are:
- To enhance the understanding of the variability, progression, and natural history of Fabry disease, including heterozygous females with the disease;
- To assist the Fabry medical community with the development of recommendations for monitoring patients and reports on patient outcomes to help optimize patient care;
- To characterize and describe the Fabry population as a whole;
- To evaluate the long-term safety and effectiveness of Fabrazyme®
Fabry Pregnancy Sub-registry: This Sub-registry is a multicenter, international, longitudinal, observational, and voluntary program designed to track pregnancy outcomes for any pregnant woman enrolled in the Fabry Registry, regardless of whether she is receiving disease-specific therapy (such as enzyme replacement therapy with agalsidase beta) and irrespective of the commercial product with which she may be treated. Data from the Sub-registry are also used to fulfill various global regulatory requirements, to support product development/reimbursement, and for other research and non-research-related purposes. No experimental intervention is given; thus a patient will undergo clinical assessments and receive standard of care treatment as determined by the patient's physician. If a patient consents to this Sub-registry, information about the patient's medical and obstetric history, pregnancy, and birth will be collected, and, if a patient consents to data collection for her infant, data on infant growth through month 36 postpartum will be collected.
Detailed description of study
Eligibility of study
You may be eligible for this study if you meet the following criteria:
- Conditions: Fabry Disease
Gender: Male or Female
- Fabry Registry: All patients with a confirmed diagnosis of Fabry disease who have signed the informed consent and patient authorization form(s) are eligible for inclusion. Confirmed diagnosis is defined as a documented deficiency in plasma or leukocyte αGAL (alpha-galactosidase) enzyme activity and/or mutation(s) in the gene coding for αGAL.
- Fabry Pregnancy Sub-registry:
- Eligible women must:
- be enrolled in the Fabry Registry.
- be pregnant, or have been pregnant with appropriate medical documentation available.
- provide a signed informed consent and authorization form(s) to participate in the Sub-Registry prior to any Sub-Registry-related data collection being performed.
- Eligible women must:
Exclusion Criteria Fabry Registry: There are no exclusion criteria. Fabry Pregnancy Sub-registry: There are no exclusion criteria.
Find a site
You have contacted , on
Your message has been sent to the study team at ,
What happens next?
- You can expect the study team to contact you via email or phone in the next few days.
- Sign up as volunteer to help accelerate the development of new treatments and to get notified about similar trials.
You are contacting